Flash floods force evacuations from British coastal town

Flash floods force evacuations from British coastal town

Rescuers continued to work late Tuesday night to help people trapped by a flash flooding in a village in southwest England's Cornwall.

Residents in Coverack were hit by major flash flooding which inundated their homes.

Storms have lashed parts of Cornwall with a severe weather warning issued for the whole of the south west.

The Met Office has put yellow weather warnings in place across most of England and Wales amid more warning of heavy rain, thunder and hail. The average for the United Kingdom for the whole of July is 78.1mm.

"It's been absolutely unbelievable to see".

Cornwall Council said a multi-agency emergency centre had been opened at County Hall, Truro. "They've been here all night to ensure that everybody is safe and they are doing what they can to make sure everything can get back to normal as soon as possible".

Gilead adds fourth drug to HCV arsenal
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 2.7 to 3.9 million people in the US have chronic HCV. During clinical trials, the most common adverse events among patients taking Vosevi were headache, fatigue, diarrhea and nausea.

Fire crews raced to the small Cornish seaside town of Coverack amid "multiple reports of flooding" as ferocious thunderstorms moved over the area.

A spokeswoman for the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said: "Six people were in a house and two have been rescued from the house by helicopter".

Steven Keates, forecaster for the Met Office, said: "This morning it's probably going to be parts of the Midlands and eastern England that see potential for some heavy rain, some thunderstorms, and then a bit of a lull".

After a warm night, temperatures are expected to remain high on Wednesday for parts of eastern England where the mercury could rise to the low 30s, Mr Keates added.

Water had to be pumped out of some properties in Tunbridge Wells, Kent the fire service said, after it received more than 60 calls to 999 in an hour.

The rescues were made by a coastguard helicopter, based in Newquay.